Publicly observed lessons are an essential part of every teacher's job. In Taiwan, the Ministry of Education's "Reference Principles for Public class" states that schools must Collaborative lesson preparation/Lesson Sharing, Public Lectures/ Lesson Observation, Post-Observation Meeting/ Lesson Feedback , as well as keep records of the items they perform.
In the past, lesson observation required a lot of administrative work for schools and teachers, as well as guidance from experts. Now, with the Digital Lesson Observation model brought by TEAM Model AI Lecture Observation Lounge, the tasks of lesson observation can be completed efficiently.
Conclusion Value of Digital Lesson Observation This case activity is the implementation plan of the "Literacy-oriented Open Observation Classes" in Taipei City. The goal is to implement the promotion of literacy-oriented curriculum and teaching, and to promote the professional dialogue atmosphere of classroom research, to create mutual learning among teachers and students, and to improve the quality of education in Taipei City.
- Steering Unit: Ministry of Education, National and Pre-school Education Division and Taipei City Department of Education
- Organizer: Tien-Mu Junior High School, the chief convening school of the Curriculum and Instruction Development Working Circle
- Organizer: Jing-Hsing Junior High School and Dun-Hua Junior High School, the convening school of the Curriculum Leadership Group
- Co-sponsors: Jieshou Junior High School, Wanhua Junior High School, Guandu Junior High School, Chengzheng Junior High School, and the Global TEAM Model Education Research Institute
- Instructor: Mr. Dai Yanru of Jieshou Junior High School, Taipei City, Taiwan - Representation of Terrain
The open class was conducted as a live public observation, with both students and observers present at the teaching site.
Introduction of Digital Lesson Observation Environment
- Public Lectures/ Lesson Observation－The teacher observer and the expert use the Sokrates Lecture Observation App to directly evaluate the lesson during the course (you can use photos and text records); the teacher mainly presents the content on the electronic whiteboard with PPT, and the student group uses the small whiteboard to discuss and give feedback to the teacher.
- Post-Observation Meeting/ Lesson Feedback－By using the Sokrates video that integrates all the lecture records at the end of the class, the video can be quickly switched to the corresponding time point by clicking on the marker record of any viewer, which is convenient for lecture explanation and review, and demonstrates the value of Digital Lesson Observation!
- Sokrates Lesson Observation Form Auto Output
The elements of Digital Lesson Observation
Digital Lesson Observation Process This is a smart class using the HiTeach smarter teaching system with augmented reality interactive sandbox technology teaching tools.
The following four sections are used to explain the process of preparation, observation, explanation and discussion.
Collaborative lesson preparation This digital observation class was taught by Yanru Dai of Jieshou Junior High School in Taipei City, Taiwan. He used augmented reality interactive sandboxes to teach students about the difficult concept of contour lines.
Lesson Sharing This project, "Literacy-oriented Public Observation Classes," aims to promote professional dialogue in lesson study through public observation classes, create mutual learning among teachers and students, and improve the quality of education in Taipei City.
Therefore, after explaining the teaching philosophy and the design of the teaching materials, the teachers will also explain the ethics of lesson observation and the use of the Sokrates Lecture Observation App.
Instructor Design Philosophy
Observation of the ethics of the class facilitator
Lesson Observation During the lesson observation, each teacher used the Sokrates Lecture Observation App to conduct the lesson observation and to take photos of the students' learning during the lesson.
Teaching Content Observation Teacher: Focus on the teacher's overall teaching mode and use the Sokrates Lecture Observation App to make comments.
Post-Observation Meeting/ Lesson Feedback A number of teachers used the Sokrates Video for their comments, teaching behavior data features, class reports, and photographic records, all of which were good tools for conducting the class.
The teacher uses the evaluation record to review the teaching moment and give feedback.
Sokrates Lesson Observation Form Public classroom observation is a professional development activity that brings together the wisdom of teachers, and all teachers' observations are valuable. In order to reduce the burden, we use the Sokrates Lecture Observation App to make comments and take photos during the lesson, and then automatically generate a Sokrates Lesson Observation Form after the lesson.
Sokrates Lesson Observation Form contains
1.Lesson resources (videos, teaching materials, lesson plans...)
2. Introduction to the lesson
3. Lesson observation record
4. Time and video links
5. Lesson observation photos or attachments
6. Sokrates report
7. Printable Sokrates Lesson Observation Form
The complete Sokrates Lesson Observation Form contains expert wisdom and artificial intelligence to automatically analyze the data features of teaching behaviors, including indices of technology interaction, pedagogy application and teaching material practice, as well as to gather synchronous and asynchronous evaluation marks from experts.
The Sokrates Lesson Observation Form is an automated output that has undergone a meticulous process to create a digital lesson observation record, establish an effective teaching and research model, and develop automated functions.
Automatic generation of observation class record sheets
A more convenient way to discuss classes and a more harmonious atmosphere to watch classes The "Literacy Oriented Open Lesson Observation" project aims to promote professional dialogue in lesson study through open lesson observation, and to create a mutual learning atmosphere among teachers and students. In this digital lesson observation program, we not only effectively solve the pain points of teachers in lesson observation, but also provide teachers with more and more convenient ways to express their comments during lesson observation, so that teachers can communicate with teachers in an efficient and harmonious way.
* To protect teachers' intellectual property and use the Sokrates platform classroom resources, please register for a TEAM Model ID(can be tied to Google or Facebook).